she turned towards him:

"My dear Monsieur Duroy, for me a man in love no longer exist. He becomes an idiot and a dangerous idiot at that.I stop having any close relationship with men who love me or claim to, first because they bore me secondly because I feel as suspicious of them as I would of a mad dog that may suddenly have a fit. So I put them in quarantine until they've got over their attack. Don't forget that. I know perfectly well that for you love is merely a sort of appetite whereas for me it would be more a sort of... of... of communion of souls which doesn't exist in a male's religion. You understand the letter and I understand the spirit. But... look at me please"
(Bel Ami - G. De Maupassant)
"Mi querido Duroy, para mi un hombre enamorado deja de existir. Se convierte en un idiota y un idiota peligroso. Yo dejo de tener relación cercana con hombres que me aman o dicen que me aman, primero porque me aburren y segundo porque desconfio de ellos comoo de un perro bravo que puede atacar. Entonces los pongo en cuarentena hasta que se les pase. No olvide eso. Se perfectamente que amor para ti es meramente una especie de apetito, mientras que para mi es una especie de... de... de comunión de almas que no existe en la religión masculina. Tu entiendes las palabras yo el espíritu. Pero... mireme por favor"

Comentarios

Entradas populares